Saturday, April 12, 2014

April 7, 2014

Hello Mom
This week was really good. General Conference was amazing and I learned a lot. We watched in English with the Elders who speak English, we also watched it with a couple who is here from the USA. They are an older couple and for some reason are looking for a place to live.  They are thinking about Medellin.

This week, for the first time in my life, I ate a fish (EVERYTHING but the bones) . I had eaten fish before, but never a WHOLE fish. It was really good. It was a little annoying to pick out all the bones but it was still good. 

This morning we played soccer. Last night when the zone leaders told us about the soccer activity my companion got so excited he put on his cleats and went to bed. A little while later he took them off, but it was still funny that he put them on in the first place!
I have been blessed with a couple of companions who like to cook and I am learning from them. This week I learned how to make cheapo homemade scones. They were good, but they were cheapo and nothing like the scones that we eat. 

This week we had a Family Home Evening. It was one of my favorite Family Home Evenings in the mission. The majority of the people who showed up were from the Relief Society. So we talked about the importance of Mothers. We shared the scripture Alma 56:47-48. 
      47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
     48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it. 

The Spirit was really strong during the lesson. I love you Mom. And I can’t thank you enough for all the things that you have taught me.

Best Week Yet!
Love, Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment