Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 21, 2014

Hi Mom,
This week a lot of things have happened. First, as you well know, it was my birthday. Thank you for the birthday wishes and I did get the video. Thank you so much. I loved it. For my birthday, a sister threw a big party. When I first got here, she asked me when my birthday was. When she found out she said two of her kids had birthdays in April and some of the friends of her kids. So we planned a multi-birthday party. We were in charge of the cake and she was over the food. We had a great time.

Second, on Saturday we finally made it to the very tippy top of our area. It is really high up. Good thing that there is a bus that takes us up and down or we would be dead.
Also on Saturday we had a baptism. Her name is Yolanda. Some of her family got baptized a little while ago and on Saturday it was her turn. It was a once in a life time experience...... Do you want to know why?...........Alright I will tell you. When my companion and I went to fill up the baptismal font, everything was going well—for about 10 minutes.  Then all the water in the church shut off. Long story short, after much effort to find water we were able to fill up the font with about a foot of water. It was just enough for the baptism. Remember, it is not the water or the place of the baptism that is important, but the ordnance.
Oh, I almost forgot, President Uceda of the Quorum of the Seventy came to Medellin. We had a really great conference with him and I learned a lot. The way he speaks in a mission setting is a lot different than the way that he speaks in a General Conference setting.

Well, there are the highlights of the week for me.
Love you,  Elder Rucker


 

No comments:

Post a Comment