Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 28, 2014

Hello Mom,
This week was really good. 

I think I will start out with the funny story of the week. As I may have told you one or two times, my area is built on the side of the mountain. The higher up I get, the steeper the hills. It goes from streets, then to stairs, then to rocks. Well, wouldn't you know that we have a family of recent converts who live where the stairs stop and the rocks begin. So yesterday we got finished teaching them and we started to come down the side of the mountain. My companion was using the rocks to go down and I was too. But you know what happens when you don't pay attention??? Let’s just say I now know what it is like to trail blaze the face of a mountain!!! No worries, the ground was really soft. All-in-all I came out with just a scratch on my elbow.

Saturday was a really good day. In the morning we participated in the weddings of three families of investigators. Then in the evening we participated in their baptisms.  We had what is call a "white night". A  night when lots of people get baptized.  There were a total of 7 baptisms. Lots of missionaries in the past have worked hard for this night.  Everyone is a part of helping these investigators get to this point. I was privileged to be here for their baptisms. 

A great week, Best Week Yet!!!
Love, Elder Rucker




No comments:

Post a Comment