Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 6, 2014

Hey Mom,
This past week was pretty good. We had a zone activity to celebrate the New Year. New Year’s in Colombia is pretty cool. They make dolls to burn at midnight.  I thought cool—they burn something to signify the end of the old and the beginning of the new. But what none of the missionaries knew was that these dolls are filled with gun powder. So at 12 o'clock everyone started burning the dolls. There were so many explosions that it was impossible to sleep so we just watched and listened from our house. All-in-all it was a good New Years. Let’s start off strong Family.
 
This week was also transfers and Elder Azañon was sent to a city to the north that is called Pereira. My new companion is North American. He is from Oklahoma. He is 20 years old. His name is Elder Johnson. He has been in the mission for a little bit less that I have. I started in March and he started in April. Of the four companions I have had so far, he is my third North American companion.

This Sunday was fast and testimony meeting. The spirit was really strong. Most of the time in fast and testimony meeting the people share their testimonies about one of many topics of the Gospel. But this Sunday everyone  shared their testimonies about the Savior. 

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that his example for us is the only way to return to live with our Heavenly Father.

2 Nephi 22   
 1 And in that day thou shalt say: O Lord, I will praise thee; though thou wast angry with me thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
 2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.
 3 Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
 4 And in that day shall ye say: Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
 5 Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things; this is known in all the earth.
 6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion; for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

I love you all want the best for you. Let’s take more time this year to think about our Savior, not just holidays and Sundays, but every day!

With lots and lots of love,
Elder Rucker



I like to play with the magnifying glass some times when I take pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment