Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 20, 2014

Hey Mom,

This week was really good. I worked with Elder Angulo. He is from Peru. We worked together for this whole week. The Zone leaders wanted to try something so they had us working with different companions for a week. We had a good time. 

Not too much happened this week. But I do want to share a cool experience that I had. Well, one day Elder Angulo and I left to go to work but we had to stop by an internet cafe so that we could print off some forms for our branch council. When we were there I felt that I needed to talk to the owner of the Internet cafe. So I went to talk to him for a little bit and then went back to my seat. Then I felt that I needed to talk to him again. I thought it was weird because I had just talked to him, so I paid no attention. Then I felt the need again. So then I went and talked to him. And wouldn't you know he was receiving the missionaries about 8 years ago and wants to start listening to the missionaries again!!! And wouldn't you know there was a girl who was in the internet cafe with the guy and she was listening to the whole conversation. And when I finished talking with him she said, "Hey I am a member but inactive". It was cool.  If I had not listened to the whispering of the Spirit we would not have found out the man wanted to listen to the missionaries and there was an inactive lady who wanted the missionaries to visit her. How neat is that?

Oh one more thing… very, very important.........Last week I was doing some shopping and found..........KRAFT MAC AND CHEESE. oh boy was it good. It was the first time, in at least 10 months, I’ve eaten mac and cheese. I am going to buy more today.
Love you, Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment