Thursday, October 3, 2013

September 29, 2013

We had a really good week.
 
I forgot to tell you last week. We went to a Family Home Evening at the President of the Relief Societies house. And for the snack she made Morcilla. Morcilla is blood sausage. The next paragraph might make you gag-- just a heads up. But It was not that bad to eat.
Black puddingblood pudding or blood sausage is a type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler (rice or onions) until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled.
Well after the multi-zone activity in Pereira I headed to Chinchiná for a division with the District Leader's companion. I worked in Chinchiná for a day and a half. It is a lot hotter there but it worked out good. We passed by a club that had painted the sidewalk to look like a piano. I played on it. It was fun. Another cool thing is that I got 13 mosquito bites on my legs. hahaha

After the divisions with the district leader I worked with my companion for a day then started a division with the zone leaders. I worked with Zone Leader Elder North. He taught me a lot. We had a great day.

On Saturday we had a baptism. It was really cool. This is how we found the investigator. One day when we were out contacting we started to talk to some people. Then a car pulled up and the guy driving said, "Elders". I had to tell him to wait because we were talking with another person. Then when we finished we started to talk with the guy in the car. Turns out he was a member who had been inactive for a couple of years.  So we passed by his house and started to teach him and his family. His wife is not a member but wanted us to teach her son and baptize him just so he could have a religion in his life. After a couple visits the son lost interest but the mom had gained interest. After a little work and activating the father, he was able to baptize his wife.  It was a great experience.

Sunday was a good day. Right before sacrament the President of the Branch came up and told me I was going to speak in Sacrament. So yeah, I gave a talk on obedience and knowledge.  It went pretty well.
This week is going be a great week,  just because it is GENERAL CONFERENCE. I am so excited. I hope you are excited too. 
I love you lots.
Love Elder Rucker
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment