Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September 16, 2013

The first thing we did this week was ask for our branch directory. We started to go through all the names to visit the members who we have never seen or heard of. We found out most people have moved without telling anyone. It was kind of discouraging, but then after a day of doing this we found one member who has been inactive for years and they said we could come back this week and visit them!
 
Second, on Wednesday we got back to the house to finish off the night and we noticed our neighbor had company over. They had parked half on the neighbor's lot and half in the street. That was no big deal because there was still enough room for cars to pass. So we went inside and started to prepare for the next day. Then we heard a car honking. A car had pulled up to the car in the street and was honking for the owner to come out and help guide him through. The owner came out helped and got the other car through with no problems. Then a second car came. We noticed him pull up and were waiting for the honk but never heard it. He thought that he could do it all an his own. He got about a quarter of the way through then got stuck.  Then he started to honk! The owner came out to help but it was already too late. He was in a spot that if he backed up he would scratch up his car and if he went forward he might scratch the other car. So very slowly he started to work his way forward. He got about three fourths of the way and the cars made contact. Then everyone in the neighbor's house came out to try and pick up the rear end of the parked car and move it. But they couldn't do it. So I said "Companion, let's go out and help". He said, "No they will get through there in a second just wait". They did not get through. So again I said " Let's go help". This time he said, "If in five minute they are still working on it we will go out". Five minutes passed with no progress. So for the third time I said "let's go out and help" and he said that two skinny Americans would not make a difference. So I told him he could watch me from the window and I would go out and help. So I put on my shoes and went out. And I asked them if I could help. They said yes. And they said they were going to try and move the parked car again. So we all got a spot on the car and moved it. Ha! Ha! A skinny American made all the difference. So I turned and started to walk into the house right as my companion was coming out. He saw that we had moved it and went back inside. By the time I had made it to the door he was already upstairs. Here is where it gets funny. I started running to go up the stairs and I started to say "Captain America has saved the day!" Right as I said it I hit the top of the stairs and jumped......................... and.....................bashed my head on our concrete arch way. Yeah!!! I got a pretty good goose egg.  
 
Third, we have been getting a lot of rain. One day when we left the house it was pouring rain. We started walking and then I had realized that I had left my keys in the house. No big deal because I had bought some keys for my Companion for when stuff like this happens. However he left his keys in the house too. So we were locked out. We live on the second level. So I started to look for a way to climb into our apartment. And I could have done it, but since it was raining everything was really slippery and I could not get any grip to climb. Luckily our next door neighbors were watching us and lent us their ladder. So I used that ladder to climb into our house. In the time it took me to climb the ladder and get in the window I was completely drenched, but I did get in and get our keys. 
 
Lastly, I was feeling a little like having some food from home, so I made some tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. It was good but was nothing like your tomato soup and grilled cheeses. 
The mission now has a Facebook. 
 
That's all for this week.
Love,
Elder Jayden Rucker

Videos for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment