Thursday, November 20, 2014

November 9, 2014

Hey Mom,
This was a great week and a sad week. 

So why was it a sad week? Well, last week I told you we were working in a three way companionship with a new elder named Elder Gonzalez. This week he was sent to Armenia to be in a regular companionship. So we had to send him off. My companion talked with the Assistance to see if they would leave him with us but they said, "no". The Lord knows better than we do. Elder Gonzalez will do some great work in Armenia.

Now for the good news. One, last week I got the recipes for all the goodies. This week Elder Collins and I made the chocolate no bake cookies. They came out excellent. 

Two, I found Miracle Whip. It was a MIRACLE. It’s the first time I have seen it in Colombia. I just could not pass up the opportunity to buy it. It wasn't even that expensive. Anyway, when I bought it, I was able to carve the hunger for a cheese, jam and Miracle Whip sandwich. I have had the desire to eat one of those sandwiches since the MTC.

Three, to celebrate Grandpa’s birthday, my companion and I ate ice cream and a brownie. Yum!!!! I know the quality of the picture is not that great, sorry it’s a photo from my phone.

Now for the last and most important thing that happened this week.We have an investigator named Cesar. He has been investigating the church for more than a year. Every time we teach him I feel the spirit. He gives really good prayers. I have never have had an investigator pray with such sincerity to know if the church is true. He is great. Anyway this Sunday he attended church for the very first time. It was awesome. He had a smile on his face the whole time. When the classes finished a member gave him a Liahona (the magazine) and as we were walking out he saw a stack of Liahonas and asked if he would take more. It is only a matter of time before he gets baptized.

I love this work and I love being a missionary.
Love Elder Rucker


No comments:

Post a Comment