Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 24, 2014

Hello Mom,
Stories from last week-
I have some bad news and I have some good news. And the weird thing is, they are the same thing. So here it is. Christmas came early this year. My package got to me really fast. I would have got it the end of November, however, the Assistants came to Monteria to work with my companion and me and they brought the package. So I am happy that I got it. I just did not have the patience to wait until Christmas to open it. But the good this is--I got it!

We are teaching a guy named Daniel. He is really smart. He speaks really good English. It is safe to say that he is atheist. This is the first time I have taught a person who doesn't believe in God. The good thing is that he has a Catholic background. So at least we are not starting from ground zero. He is awesome. 

Stories from this week-
It has been a good week. The Stake in Monteria asked us to put together a missionary choir. So that is what we did. We have been practicing for basically a month and on Saturday we had our first show. It was good. We also had 4 baptisms in our ward. They were not investigators of my companion and me but of the sisters that serve in the same ward with us. It was still cool to be present in the baptisms.

Well, those are the stories for this week. Enjoy.
Love, Elder Rucker


No comments:

Post a Comment