Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

Hello Mom,
This week was a good one. My new companion is really cool. His name is Elder Villacorta. He is from El Salvador. He is 22 years old and has been serving for 18 months. I have lots to learn from him. He has lots of good things to teach me and I am just trying to absorb everything as fast as it comes. His knowledge of the workings of a Branch will help a lot with the Branch we are in right now.

Here in Colombia there are things called Pinguinos (penguins). They are a dessert cupcake. They are basically a Hostess cupcake. They are not as good as a Hostess cupcake but they come pretty darn close.  

This week was full of really cool experiences in which we followed the spirit and were lead to help a lot of people:

1) During our daily planning one day my comp said, “Tomorrow we are going to find two new investigators and give them a baptismal date.” So the next day we left and we did exactly that. We saw a young couple with their daughter and we went and talked to them. They said we could pass by their house if we waited a couple minutes. So we waited and then passed by. And after the lesson we extended the invitation to be baptized and they accepted. 

2) After we left the house of the family from the story above. We felt the need to pass by a member’s house and talk. The family has had a couple of internal conflicts in the past, but it was in the past so I did not feel it was necessary to tell my companion what had happened. But when we started to teach the family my companion shared a little bit about his family and an experience he had. His story applied perfectly to the family. After his story the dad asked, "Why did you share that story?" My companion told him he was just following the Spirit. Then the rest of the lesson we talked about the Power of the Spirit and how he knows each and every one of us and that he can guide others to help us.

Lastly I want to share my testimony of the power of the Priesthood. I know that the Priesthood was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I have seen miracles here in my mission. And all of these miracles were brought to pass though Priesthood power and through the faith of those around. I know that the power of the Priesthood is unending. I share this short testimony of the Priesthood in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With lots of love,
Elder Rucker



No comments:

Post a Comment