Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December 16, 2013

This past week was really good.

First, last p-day we found a really good BBQ place. It cost 6000 pesos for soup, salad, steak, rice, spaghetti and a drink. So…basically 3 dollars for all of that, what a deal!

Second, this week was our Christmas dinner with President Pitarch. All the missionaries in the eje Caftero traveled to Pereira for the dinner. There were about 80 missionaries. We had a talent show and a conference to start us off. Then to finish off the night we went to a place called LeƱon and Parrilla. It is an Argentine steak house. I got the Churrasco. It is basically just a big chunk of meat. They also gave us some really good mango juice. During the dinner we did a gift exchange. I gave an artisan bag and a bracelet with the letters MCM (Mission Colombia Medellin). And in return I got a vacuum Flask. I consider that a good exchange. I felt bad for some of the other missionaries that gave good gifts but received crappy ones. While we were in Pereira we stayed in a hotel and it was pretty cool. The president’s gift was a scripture case for my Preach my Gospel.

Lastly, this past week I completed 9 months in the mission. Isn't that crazy?

That is basically all for me.

I love you so much mom.
Love,
Elder Rucker

 



No comments:

Post a Comment