Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December 9, 2013


Hey Mom, 

This week was quite a week--a lot happened. 

Every year on the 7th and 8th of December they have what is called "Noche de Velas" (Night of the candles) and it is really pretty. Everyone makes colorful decorations, puts them in the street and then puts candles inside of the decorations. All the streets are lit up and it is really cool.

We worked with our Branch President one day and he showed us a couple of short cuts through the forest that will help us save a bunch of time. I felt so cool trekking through the Forest.

We had a baptism this week. We have been working with this sister for quite awhile. Elder Azañon had been teaching this investigator even before I got here. But now she will be a strong member.

Yesterday was the world-wide church Christmas devotional. We went and it was really cool. One of the speakers used a story of a family from Spanish Fork. I nearly jumped out of my seat when he said the words "Spanish Fork, Utah". 

Lastly, I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. They told me one hour before the meeting that I was going to speak. So I quickly thought of some things to say and it turned out pretty good.

Love Elder Rucker




No comments:

Post a Comment