Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 11, 2013

First, last week for p-day we went to a little tourist town called Salento and dinked around. We got to the town and did some shopping, and then we went up into the mountains to dink around. We traveled in a Jeep. Then after the adventure in the forest we went back to town and figured out that Salento is home to creatures of Lord of The Rings. More specifically the home of Golem. To finish off we went to an overlook of the town. I would say one of my favorite p-days!!!

Second, for Grandpa’s birthday I bought a brownie and ate it. It was good. 

Third, we did service with a member and he fed us breakfast. He always feeds us weird stuff, but somehow it tastes good. This time he fed us eggs with onion, tomato,...banana, and.... orange juice. All those good ingredients in one somehow worked to taste good. 

Fourth, the President of the Branch had his birthday this week so my comp and I made him a missionary cake. What is a missionary cake you ask? A missionary cake is a little cake with a Snickers bar put in the middle for the candle. Cool right?

Fifth, I had a bit of a break down one night. I don't know what happened. All I know is that we got home one night and I was hungry, so I ate. After I finished eating I realized what I had eaten. I had eaten 4 sandwiches, one piece of cake, 2 glasses of water, and the Zone Leaders left over Chinese food. So the good thing is that it was not really a break down but a loss of control. I told myself that that could not happen again. 

Sixth, this week I was in the mood for an American breakfast. So a couple days ago I made pancakes. And this morning I woke up and made French toast and bacon for me my comp and the other two Elders in the house. It was a lot of cooking but it was worth it. I also realized that four 18 to 22 year old young men can put down a lot of bacon and French toast. 

Now for the story of last week. Well, in the month of October I seemed to have a lot of encounters with people who were passing through the biggest trials of their lives. Whether it be problems with heath, money, family or all of the above. They were all being battered by the realities of life. Whenever we talked with these people the only thing that I could think about was our Savior Jesus Christ. The life of a missionary is to teach, teach about the Savior. But sometimes we lose sight of how great and infinite his Atonement is for us. All these people were having the biggest trials of their life and to think that our Savior, Jesus Christ suffered them all and much more so that we could overcome. At times we overlook the fundamentals. We try to say something inspirational to give others the strength to carry on. Return to fundamentals and bear testimony, true testimony of the Savior. And if their heart is open the Spirit will enter and give them the peace and love that they are looking for.

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Without His atoning sacrifice we have nothing. I know that no matter what trial we have in life He has felt it first and has overcame the trial. All the strength we need in life to overcome our trials can be found in the Atonement. "The Savior had promised angels on our left and right to bear is up. And He always keeps His word" President Henry B. Erying.

I know our Savior lives. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Until next week 
Love,   Elder Rucker


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment