Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 25, 2014

Hello Mom,
This was a good week. On a couple of occasions my companion and I had to literally run! More than once this week we were late so we had to run to make it to our other appointments on time. We got a few weird looks and I can imagine why: two young men in white shirts and ties running down the mountain. I really want to know what they thought when they saw us. 

On Sunday, we passed by a less active member’s house to invite them to go to church with us. When we got to their house, they were just barely waking up. The mom said she still had to make breakfast, so my companion and I cooked their breakfast so they could focus on getting ready. We made what is called "agua panela" and "arepa". After they ate and finished getting ready we all headed for the chapel.

I finally took a picture of the welcome message in the neighborhood of Pablo Escobar. The quality is not too good because I took the photo with our cell phone. But now you have the proof. 

Copy and paste the link and you can look around a bit.
That’s all for this week!  Love, Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment