Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014

Hey Mom,
One of the goals that I put for myself when I started to embrace the culture here was to score a goal in soccer using my head. On Saturday, the ward soccer night, I finally accomplished my goal. When I first started to train hitting the ball with my head I always woke up with a headache. Now I don't!!! My body is accustomed to it.   
My companion and I came up with an idea to have dinner once a week at no cost to us and to gain the confidence of the investigators. What we do is cook food from our countries of origin, that's to say America or Peru. This past week was a dish from Peru that is called "Lomo Saltado" (jumped steak tenderloin) It is really good. Check out the pictures.

Well, it was kind of a slow week, but still a great!!! 
Love, Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment