Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 26, 2014

Hey Mom,

Sorry again about the letter from last week, not a lot happened. Don't be worried everything is all right with me, in fact the things here are amazing. I feel right at home every Sunday, in the ward I am serving in right now, there are even little kids that cry and run everywhere.

This week a lot of good things happened. 

Everyone knows that Elders are good for a lot of things. One of those things is helping people move. In the United States people take the stuff out of the house load it on a truck then drive to the new house and then unload everything. Here in Medellin, in some areas a truck is not an option. The only option is to carry your things from your old house to your new house. That is what we did this week, we helped a family move their things. But the cool part is that their old house was up in the mountain, and their new house was even farther up in the mountain. So, yeah we had to carry all the things up the side of the mountain.

Here in Colombia, I have noticed that the missionaries are involved in everything. This week we had a very special night for all the couples in the ward. We planned a really cool activity. A lot of couples came and had a great time. I don't know if I have told you, but my companion is about to finish his mission. So I like to joke with him. Whenever we see a couple kissing or managing their 3 kids I always like to tell him, "Look companion, your life in 3 years, kissing and crying kids!" We always get a good laugh out of that one. So now that I am thinking about it, I could say that to Mitchell and to Greg. HAHAHAHAHAHAH. It’s a funny joke, right?

And to top the week: we had a baptism! After 8 years of investigating the Church and working hard to gather what was necessary for her marriage, Sister Virgelina finally got baptized. Ever since I got here, I have seen her at every baptism with a sad face because she was not yet baptized. But on Saturday her smile could not have been any bigger. I am very thankful that I could be here in this ward to share in this experience.

Last short story, I should get my package this week. Don't miss next week’s episode for the details.

I love you Mom and all other readers,
Love Elder Rucker

 



No comments:

Post a Comment